© Marcus Roberts, with additional contributions from Michael JollesBookmark this page | E-mail this page to a friend
One of the leading medieval communities in England, Northampton's Jews were given the boot in 1290. However, seven centuries later they would return to give the boot to Northampton.
Places of interest
- The Shop and Residence of Joel Moss - 25 and 29 Bridge Street
- 15 The Drapery - The Shop and Residence of E.E. Freedman (1885)
- Sheep Street - Hebrew Study at Dr Doddridge's Dissenting Academy
- 52 Sheep Street - The Premises of Samuel Kronson, Leather Agent (1889)
- The Barrack Road, and Temple Bar - the medieval Jewish cemetery
- The Market Square / Junction with Abington Street - 'Doffman's Corner'
- Northampton Railway Station - Northampton Castle
- 10 Victoria Road - Premises of A&W Flatau
- 8 South Street - The Jewish Youth Club
- Northampton Central Museum - The Medieval Jewish Tombstone (c. 1259 - 1290)
- The ‘Jews Garden’ – Angel Lane and Fetter Street
- Sheep Street, and Northampton Corporation Fish Market - the medieval Jewry, the site of the synagogue and Dr Doddridge's Dissenting Academy.
- Sheep Street - Site of 'Gonski & Davis' Toy Dealers
- St Sepulchre's 'Church - the Jew's Cross, and the Site of the Alleged Ritual Murder Attempt, 1277
- The Market Square - Samuel Isaac's fountain
- The Hebrew Congregation - Overstone Road
- Palmerston House, 9 - 12 Palmerston Road - Premises of A&W Flatau (1889) and the Second World War Kosher Canteen